The right preparation before overseas travel will help you avoid potential matters. Here we provide some helpful information before and during your trip in Vietnam.
Before departure make sure you have things as follows:
- Travel insurance
- Passport with a validity date of at least six-months remaining.
Understanding and following local culture and customs ensure that your trip is enjoyable.
Do while traveling
- Wear appropriate clothes when visiting pagodas and other holy places.
- Keep your passport and other valuables in a safe place.
- Stay calm and polite you will find people cooperative.
Don’t do while traveling
- Touch a person on his/her head (considered offensive).
- Point one finger at a person (considered offensive).
Other Helpful Travel Advice
- Tap water is unsafe for drinking. Drink plenty of bottled water when walking around sightseeing.
- The unit of currency is the Vietnam Dong (VND). US dollars are accepted at many places (US$ 1 ≈ VND 23,000).
- Wear sneakers for the tours which require lots of hiking.
- Tipping is customary and hugely appreciated to show your appreciation with good services.