Van Long nature reserve – Hoa Lu ancient capital – Bich Dong cave and pagoda – Thung Nham bird sanctuary – Bai Dinh Buddhist temple complex
Morning, we pick you up for the trip to explore Ninh Binh. After about 2 hours, we arrive in Van Long first. Here you take a row-boat to explore this nature reserve for 1.5 hours. Then drive to visit royal temples in Hoa Lu Ancient Capital and climb up over 265 steps to Ma Yen Mountain’s top for a view point. Afternoon, your guide takes you on a cycling tour through scenic routes. Along the way,stop by to visit some beautiful places including Bich Dong pagoda and Thung Nham bird sanctuary.
After breakfast, check out and drive to Trang An landscape complex recognized as a World Heritage Site. Here we will discover this gorgeous site through several tunnels by row-boat. Afterward, we travel to Bai Dinh, a huge Buddhist temple complex. Spend a couple of hours to visit the site and learn about Vietnamese Buddhism before driving back to Hanoi.
– Van Long is the spectacular place limestone Mountains rising from green water and a variety of flora and fauna. It has a rich ecosystem considered the largest wetland natural reserve in North Vietnam.
– Hoa Lu was Vietnam’s capital from 968 to 1010. Come here you can visit 2 royal temples built in 11th century.
– Bich Dong is a beautiful pagoda established in 15th century and situated partly in a limestone cave and partly alongside of the mountain.
– Thung Nham Bird Sanctuary is a natural place with a diverse ecosystem located in Hoa Lu District. This sanctuary is surrounded by tropical forest and Limestone Mountains.
– Bai Dinh is the largest Buddhist temple complex. It is also famous for giant things such as the largest gilded bronze Buddha statue in Asia 100 tons, largest bronze bell in Vietnam 36 tons, largest corridor of Arhats approx.3 km.
English speaking guide
Meals as indicated in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
Relevant permits and entrance fees
Personal expenses, drinks, tip and gratitude.
Ninh Binh Attractions can be tailored to meet your need. If you have more time, North Vietnam Tour would be highly recommended.